Helpful Browser Tips for 8MS
Sometimes web browsers seem like they have a mind of their own – whether that is when you’re using 8MS, or even general web searches. If you have ever run into issues with your browser, getting back on track may be as simple as following a few quick steps.
Below, we’ve outlined a few helpful tips for you while using your browser, including enabling pop-ups and cleaning your cache. While we use Google Chrome as an example, these steps can be similarly applied to other browsers including Firefox and Internet Explorer. Take a look!
When you use 8MS, you’ll need to enable pop-ups in your browser from our 8MS site.
In most browsers, it’s fairly simple to enable pop-ups. Chrome can be a little trickier – here are the exact steps to turn off the pop-up blocker in Google Chrome for 8MS.
- Launch Chrome. Click the triple dot on the upper right. Click “Settings” (at the bottom of the menu, right above Help)
- When that window comes up, scroll all the way to the bottom of the window and select “Show Advanced Settings”.
- Look for the “Privacy” tab.
- Click the “Content Settings…” button.
- Scroll Down to “Pop-ups”.
- Select the appropriate choice. You’ll need to populate the actual server name: http://secure13.8msweb.com for your platform.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your browser and 8MS will work together seamlessly!
Clearing your Cache
When we upgrade our system, certain browser cache files are often replaced with newer versions and the browser often fails to detect the change, causing runtime errors on some user’s screens. When this happens, your computer may “remember” that it was connected to the IP address of the old site.
To rectify this condition, you may need to clear your browser cache. Here, we’ll show you how to do this in chrome.
Once you have reached the “advanced settings” page in chrome, simply select the menu choice “Clear Browsing Data”. This pane will open (for reference, this is on a MacBook). We suggest you clear cookies and cached images and files. This is general good house keeping practice for your computer. Note: you will NOT lose your saved passwords!
If you have any questions, or need immediate 8MS assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy browsing!