8MS Cloud API
8MS Cloud API is an add-on service to the 8MS Cloud platform. It allows your company to streamline its toll-free number (TFN) provisioning flow and integrate the power of 8MS into your in-house IT infrastructure.
The API consists of high-level 8MS system commands that make the integration with SMS/800 much faster, easier, and more automated:
- BatchCopyRecord – copies a customer record from a given toll-free number or template and sends a record change for a group of other TFNs. This command provides the ability to apply a template record to a large set of toll-free numbers.
- BatchDisconnect – tells SMS/800 when to schedule a disconnect of the accompanying active numbers.
- BatchNumberQuery – retrieves the administrative information associated with a group of numbers. Typically, the administrative data returned includes the RespOrg of the number and its status (working, etc.).
- BatchNumberRetrieve – is used to retrieve numbers from SMS/800 into the local 8MS database.
- BatchNumberSpare – is used to spare a group of previously reserved (or disconnected) numbers.
- MultiChangeResporg – is used to change the RespOrg of TFNs.
- Disconnect – schedules a disconnect of the accompanying active number.
- NumberQuery – retrieves the administrative information associated with a TFN. Typically, the administrative data returned includes the RespOrg of the number and its status (working, etc.).
- NumberSpare – is used to spare a previously reserved (or disconnected) number.
- Search – searches TFNs in the SMS/800 spare pool.
- Reserve – reserves TFNs from the SMS/800 spare pool on your company’s RespOrg ID.
- NumberHistory – looks at the SMS/800 history associated with any TFN. SMS/800 maintains a database of the change history of all TFNs. Any time a change is made, an entry is made noting the date/time of the change, the login ID used to make the change, a RespOrg change that may have resulted, and/or a change to the status of the number.
- GetAvails – this is the same easy-to-use API command that powers CSF’s 800ForAll.com site. It retrieves a list of TFNs that are currently spare. The search may be restricted to specific Numbering Plan Areas (NPAs) or TFNs. SMS/800 wildcard patterns (* and &) may be used in the toll-free number field. Start and end dates may be used to restrict the search even more.
8MS Cloud API includes additional API extensions for CPRGen, LCRGen, Carrier Express, and TeXT.
Want to learn more? Read more about 8MS Cloud API here.