The 8MS SMS/800 Application Programmers Interface
csf’s flagship software, 8MS® is the powerful and easy to use interface to SMS/800. In addition to our intelligent 8MS Graphical User Interface (GUI), we offer an Application Programmer’s Interface (API) that allows your company to streamline your toll free provisioning flow and integrate the power of 8MS into your in-house IT infrastructure.
The 8MS GUI and API both use the csf Corporation implementation of the SMS/800 Mechanized Generic Interface (MGI) to update your toll free service information at SMS/800 and to get your updates into the network quickly.
Sample uses of the 8MS API
- A Vanity Toll Free number provider has a web site where customers can check the availability of vanity toll free numbers. Their web interface captures a requested Toll Free Number from the customer, then calls the 8MS API call Reserve. If the number is successfully reserved, the Vanity provider will then request credit card information, bill the customer, and proceed with activation activities. In this case the Vanity provider has automated the reservation process and doesn’t need a large staff to manually handle these requests.
- A telecomm provider has an in-house ordering/provisioning Support System for their Toll Free Service. A retail chain store is switching their existing service (300 toll free numbers) to this telecomm provider. Rather than print a report and then have an associate enter the activation transaction in 8MS, the provisioning system parses the order, and calls the 8MS API CopyRecord to immediately activate the numbers (and realize revenue) as the RespOrg changes are confirmed.
8MS SMS/800 API calls
- BatchCopyRecord- copies a customer record from a given toll free number or template and sends a record change for a group of other numbers. This provides the ability to apply a template record to a large set of toll-free numbers.
- BatchDisconnect – tells SMS/800 when to schedule a disconnect of the accompanying active numbers.
- BatchNumberQuery – retrieves the administrative information associated with a group of numbers. Typically the administrative data returned includes the RespOrg of the number and its status (Working, etc.)
- BatchNumberRetrieve – Used to retrieve numbers from SMS/800 into the local 8MS database.
- BatchNumberSpare – is used to spare a group of previously reserved (or disconnected) numbers.
- MultiChangeResporg – Used to change the RespOrg of toll free number(s).
- Disconnect – schedules a disconnect of the accompanying active number.
- NumberQuery – retrieves the administrative information associated with a
toll free number. Typically the administrative data returned includes the RespOrg of the number and its status (Working, etc.)
- NumberSpare – is used to spare a previously reserved (or disconnected) number.
- Search – Search toll free number(s) in the SMS/800 spare pool.
- Reserve – Reserve toll free number(s) from the SMS/800 spare pool on your company’s RespOrg ID.
- NumberHistory – Look at the SMS/800 history associated with any toll free number. SMS/800 maintains a database of the change history of all toll free numbers. Any time a change is made, an entry is made noting the date/time of the change, the login ID used to make the change, a RespOrg change that may have resulted, and/or a change to the status of the number.
- GetAvails – This is the same easy to use API that powers our 800forall.com site. It retrieves a list of toll-free numbers that are currently spare. The search may be restricted to specific NPAs or toll-free numbers. SMS/800 wildcard patterns (* and &) may be used in the toll-free number field. Start and end dates may be used to restrict the search even more.
Download our API Overview by clicking on the link below.
Our 8MS API Programmer’s Guide is available upon request. Please use the Contact link above to request more information.